As the organization that shaped the fate of private satellite television in India and carved the path for a whole new industry to flourish, turned 25 years old, its founder Shri Subhash Chandra shared his thoughts.
Addressing over 4000 ZEE employees from across the globe, Subhashji began by congratulating every individual who has made this possible. He also recalled one of the very first gathering of just over 50 employees after ZEE had completed 150 days. A lot has changed since then.
“In March 1993 when we celebrated 150 days of ZEE there were just fifty people in the gathering, today however there are over 4000! And if I tell you today the same thing that I said that day, it would still be applicable.”
He shared 7 philosophies that will guide ZEE in its future
- Customer first – Your consumer must be first, irrespective of where you are and what your product is.
- You have to take BHAG (take Big Hairy Audacious Goals).
- Be frugal ‘sasta sundar tikao.’ – Make something of value.
- Respect, Humility, and Integrity – As said by Swami Vivekananda ji, “Who is Helping You, Don’t Forget them. Who is Loving you, Don’t Hate them. Who is Believing you, Don’t Cheat them.”
- Be Hustle – Push the envelope, a little bit extra. Be extraordinary together.
- Work with speed and agility – Speed with ease gives you confidence.
- Solve BIG problems- Don’t try to just solve small problems at your level only.
Subhashji thanked all the people present for sharing his vision, understanding him and supporting him through all these years